D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Matthew Caron matt.caron at redlion.net
Wed Jan 2 12:56:01 PST 2013

On 01/02/2013 03:37 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> But it's still bizarre that, with Thunderbird, you can export/import the
> address book, but not the mail database.

Why would you need to? If your mail store is IMAP, just let it rebuild.

> A welcome improvement would be to have a button to export/import the
> whole farkin' thing.
>
> Instead, when I installed TB on my laptop, I had to open the account
> settings on my desktop, and screen by screen, manually copy the data
> into my laptop TB install. A long and tedious and error-prone process,
> as there are endless screens and config settings.

scp -rp ~/.thunderbird <target machine>

will shove your whole TB directory to the new box.

unison and/or rsync will keep it synced. I prefer unison because it's bidi.

I don't have any suggestions for automagic cloud sync because I don't
like automagic cloud sync.

--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Sixnet, a Red Lion business | www.sixnet.com