D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Marco Nembrini marco.nembrini.co at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:15:10 PST 2013

On 03.01.2013 08:40, Walter Bright wrote:

> The most miserable of all is Microsoft Outlook Express, which stores all
> the info in hidden directories that are down a long chain of paths
> filled with directory names that are GUID identifiers.
>
> Then, the mail files themselves are in some secret binary format.

I hate OE, it uses a single file for each mail folder, and when this
file gets bigger than 2GB (easily possible for the inbox folder and a
few years of email with attachments), it cannot open it anymore. So what
does is do? It creates a new empty file with the same name, nuking all
your emails.

And then when you buy Office to get Outlook, it cannot import emails
from OE!

I easily lost a week when I had to deal with this on my mother's pc...
--

Marco Nembrini