D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:16:40 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 at 23:34:42 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 02, 2013 23:58:08 Chris Nicholson-Sauls
> wrote:
>> All I can say is I've never looked back since abandoning
>> Canonical linuxes. And Debian in general, really. Hooray for
>> Gentoo.
>
> Glutton for punishment are we?

Not particularly.  I've heard plenty of horror stories, but I've
yet to experience them -- or rather, I've yet to experience
problems on nearly the same scale as what I had with
Ubuntu/Kubuntu, and have had with SUSE far in the past.  The only
"flaw" I can think of is that occasionally I *forget* to run
updates for a couple weeks, and then there's quite a pile of
them.  But that's going to be the case with any "rolling release"
distro.

Nothing at all against Arch (it might be my 2nd favorite); I'm
just plenty happy where I am, with everything working just as I
want it to.