vibe.d 0.7.10 released

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Thu Jan 3 02:40:39 PST 2013

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 09:19:57 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Changes:
>
>  - Compiles on DMD 2.061 (and Win64)
>
>  - The Win32 back end supports TCP sockets
>
>  - Form and REST interface generators have been improved and
> can handle more types
>
>  - Diet templates support arbitrary D expressions instead of
> just static strings for HTML
>    attributes now. Boolean values are also supported and do the
> right thing (i.e. omitting
>    the attribute in the output if it evaluates to false).
>

> Full change log: http://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.7.10
>
> Download*: http://vibed.org/download?file=vibed-0.7.10.zip
>
> GitHub: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d
>

> * Due to the removal of GitHub's download feature, the zip file
> is now unfortunately hosted on the
> same slow virtual server as the site.

Pretty cool stuff, congratulations. I've had a look at it and as
I am always looking for alternatives to generally (and
sheepishly) accepted "will do" technologies like PHP, JS etc. I
would like to test and possibly use it for my own web projects.
Only, it's not 100% clear to me how vibe.d can be integrated into
existing frameworks / technologies, as when you rent server space
somewhere. Can vibe.d exist as a standalone framework (i.e. as a
replacement for PHP) within my own rented space or does it need
to be installed as a system wide service, in which case it is up
to the host whether or not to make it available?