vibe.d 0.7.10 released

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jan 3 03:26:17 PST 2013

On 2013-01-03 11:54, Russel Winder wrote:
> May I suggest you need to do some marketing against:
>
> 	node.js
> 	vert.x
> 	goweb
> 	revel
> 	Play!
> 	Django
> 	Grails
> 	Ruby on Rails
> 	Flask
> 	Sinatra
> 	Ratpack
>
> Why would anyone want to use vibe.d in preference to any of the above?
> Is there a lightning talk I can do at ACCU, PyCon UK, Gr8Conf, GGX,
> EuroPython, etc. to show that the pet Web framework/Web toolkit of the
> language of the conference is rubbish in comparison to that of D?

One of the great things about Ruby on Rails is that it's got a plugin
for everything (and a bit more).

Oh, and I really like the assets pipeline. It compiles SASS,
CoffeeScript and similar languages to CSS and JavaScript. It's also
possible to pipe it through Ruby first. In production environment it
merges all separate CSS/JavaScript files into one and minifies it. It
also adds a unique hash to the end of the filename to avoid conflicts
with cached files.

--
/Jacob Carlborg