vibe.d 0.7.10 released

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Thu Jan 3 03:30:16 PST 2013

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 10:55:06 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> May I suggest you need to do some marketing against:
>
> 	node.js
> 	vert.x
> 	goweb
> 	revel
> 	Play!
> 	Django
> 	Grails
> 	Ruby on Rails
> 	Flask
> 	Sinatra
> 	Ratpack
>
> Why would anyone want to use vibe.d in preference to any of the
> above?
> Is there a lightning talk I can do at ACCU, PyCon UK, Gr8Conf,
> GGX,
> EuroPython, etc. to show that the pet Web framework/Web toolkit
> of the
> language of the conference is rubbish in comparison to that of
> D?

I would have to test vibe.d first and I do like to try new
things, especially because I have had bad experiences with JS,
PHP, Pyhton and Java based stuff (workwise I have to deal with
PHP/JS a lot which can be pretty annoying). Every few years
there's a new "definite" framework based on one popular language
or another, a new CMS and what not. But popular does not
necessarily mean good or flexible. In fact, the bigger a system
or framework gets, the less flexible it becomes, IMO.