Managing email [ was Re: D 1.076 and 2.061 release ]

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 3 10:26:51 PST 2013

On 1/3/2013 1:22 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> I don't see that local or server-based storage makes any difference to
> the ability to manage email. But maybe I am missing something about your
> particular workflow.

1. I control the backups

2. Third parties don't have access to my email history. I don't care what their
"privacy policy" says - if they have it, they will use it as they please. You
have no way to even discover what they do with it

3. I've had email servers controlled by others "go dark", and poof, all email gone

4. I *need* my old email. More than once it has saved me from a lawsuit