D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 3 10:34:43 PST 2013

On 1/3/2013 5:20 AM, Matthew Caron wrote:
> On 01/02/2013 04:18 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> Why would you need to? If your mail store is IMAP, just let it rebuild.
>>
>> I don't store email on the server, I store it locally.
>
> I gave that up years ago when I ended up with more than one device. Too much
> "did I get that email on my laptop or my desktop?" And now with tablet, phone,
> laptop, desktop, and several kiosk machines around the house (because how else
> do you watch Firefly whilst loading custom hunting ammunition in the gun room?)
> and then the device proliferation continues...

I know, it's a pain. On the other hand, I don't feel the need to write emails
when I'm about town. Generally, only when I'm on a trip is this a problem, and
my email client then is set to not automatically delete email from the server
when downloaded.

>>> scp -rp ~/.thunderbird <target machine>
>>>
>>> will shove your whole TB directory to the new box.
>>
>> Doesn't work on Windows.
>
> Why not? The directory may be different, but the philosophy should still hold.
> Just install ssh/sshd from cygwin and you're set.

It's different on every machine was my point. Again, though, the address book
import/export works the same, and I don't have to google thunderbird for
specific instructions for each OS.