D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Matthew Caron matt.caron at redlion.net
Thu Jan 3 11:03:15 PST 2013

On 01/03/2013 01:36 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/3/2013 3:27 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I can also add that the latest upgrades I have performed I cloned the
>> hard drive
>> containing the OS. Then I perform the upgrade on the clone, if
>> everything works
>> ok I either run the clone instead or does the same on the original disk.
>

> That's probably the best idea.

A bootable rescue CD containing ddrescue is excellent in this regard.
I've been using SystemRescueCD of late:

http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage

I image my Windows machine using ddrescue because reinstalling Linux
takes 2 hours - reinstalling Windows takes 2 weeks. :-)

--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Sixnet, a Red Lion business | www.sixnet.com