vibe.d 0.7.10 released

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Thu Jan 3 12:05:04 PST 2013

Am 03.01.2013 19:37, schrieb thedeemon:
> Great news, keep up the good work!
>
> Last month I used previous version to make a simple online app for one contest. I developed in
> Windows and deployed in Linux (a small VPS, installed dmd from some package and vibe.d from the zip
> archive). I had only a few hours to make that app and everything worked very smoothly. The app is
> still running and after a few weeks of work its memory usage is still just a few MBs, and CPU load
> was always close to 0% (I don't have much traffic there though). Thank you for a great product!

Sounds great! My experience is also quite trouble-free by now (except for one project that has some
kind of memory leak, but I'm not sure who is at fault there). It needs some serious stress testing
though, before I'd declare it actually "stable" (version 0.8.0 an on will be the first stable branch).

> My only nuisance was a clash of some DLLs in the path between vibe.d and Visual-D. After adding
> vibe.d dir to system path Visual-D started to crash. Have to keep them separated.

That's interesting. I do have occasional crashes in VisualD, but never attributed it to that
combination. Do you know any specifics about which DLL might be in conflict? I checked with
dependency walker and couldn't see anything suspicious.