D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 3 22:42:08 PST 2013

On 1/3/2013 8:51 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Please, please, consider adding release notes, at least for new features is not
> good enough to just use bugzilla links, you need a clear, succinct explanation
> of the feature. Where would you put it? In the bug report itself? Most of the
> time is not clear enough by the time the bug is created and the feature is
> polished after a long discussion. You shouldn't make users go through the
> entire history of a bug, which is completely internal to the compiler
> development, to know what have changed.

The titles of the bug reports can and should be edited after the fact. That will
help a lot.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that what you're asking for requires
some significant effort from somebody. Nobody has put forth that effort in the
past, resulting in the changelog being pretty crummy and woefully incomplete. At
least now it is fairly complete.

If anyone wants to do a pull request on the changelog to add to it, that would
be great.