D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jan 3 23:15:30 PST 2013

On Thursday, January 03, 2013 23:03:23 Walter Bright wrote:
> This is 3 separate enhancements, each of which should be its own issue, and
> will certainly fit as the issue title.

If you think that these work as titles in bugzilla issues, you're missing the
point. They're notes that need to be given some prominence and brought to
developers' attention, not simply be listed randomly among a bunch of bugzilla
enhancement titles.

> But, as I mentioned to Leandro, if someone wants to add some additional
> notes to the changelog file, that's great. But somebody has to do the work,
> and in the past there generally hasn't been much effort expended there.

Fine, but then it needs to be clear where those changes are made. I'm one of
the people who has generally tried to keep Phobos' and druntime's changelog.dd
files up-to-date with changes. But I have no idea where else you'd want it.
changelog.dd in d-programming-language.org does not appear to match what's on
the website. It seems to list a lot of bugs explictly for 2.061.

- Jonathan M Davis