D 1.076 and 2.061 release

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Jan 4 02:38:18 PST 2013

On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 10:12:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> No offense taken. It's definitely true that the Phobos
> developers in general
> have been spotty in updating the changelog files, and while
> I've probably been
> the best at it, it's not like I haven't missed stuff.

I think part of the problem was simply that it wasn't clear what
should actually go into the changelog files.

Adding all the fixed issues as part of each pull request is not
feasible because the frequency of merge conflicts with other
pending pull requests would be way too high. Now that we got this
aspect covered, I don't see a reason why having a collaboratively
managed set of release notes wouldn't work – but maybe it would
be better to collect them at the wiki instead of in the
repositories?

David