D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri Jan 4 05:30:01 PST 2013

David Nadlinger, el  4 de January a las 11:38 me escribiste:
> On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 10:12:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >No offense taken. It's definitely true that the Phobos developers
> >in general
> >have been spotty in updating the changelog files, and while I've
> >probably been
> >the best at it, it's not like I haven't missed stuff.
>
> I think part of the problem was simply that it wasn't clear what
> should actually go into the changelog files.
>
> Adding all the fixed issues as part of each pull request is not
> feasible because the frequency of merge conflicts with other pending
> pull requests would be way too high. Now that we got this aspect
> covered, I don't see a reason why having a collaboratively managed
> set of release notes wouldn't work – but maybe it would be better to
> collect them at the wiki instead of in the repositories?

I think the best way to do it is to put it in the repository where the
changes were made (this implies having separate release notes for dmd,
phobos and druntime, I know).

This way is trivial to see if some important change deserves a note in
the release notes and if it does, for the reviewers to reject the pull
request until it has proper release notes.

Having them elsewhere will make the review process very difficult and
lots of changes will still be missing.

As part of the release process, we can merge these notes together and
add them to the website. Even when doing it manually shouldn't be that
time consuming (is only copy&paste), this could also be automated.