D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri Jan 4 07:04:43 PST 2013

Leandro Lucarella, el  4 de January a las 15:02 me escribiste:
> > Nothing has been deleted. In fact, I think those previous items in
> > the 2.060 New/Changed Features are seriously deficient because they
> > contain no hyperlinks for more information.
>
> This have to be fixed in the review process! A change shouldn't be
> merged unless it has proper documentation!
>
> > But, as I mentioned to Leandro, if someone wants to add some
> > additional notes to the changelog file, that's great. But somebody
> > has to do the work, and in the past there generally hasn't been much
> > effort expended there.
> >
> > Me, I've spent more time than I care to think about keeping that
> > list manually updated, badly.
>
> I understand that, but I don't think that work should be optional and
> only done if somebody feels like. Every pull request should include
> proper documentation update. Can we try to focus on that for the next
> release?

Better later than never:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/232 (already merged)
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/233

I really can't put all that information (for #233) either in the bug
report or the documentation, because is the documentation of a *change*.

I think you really have to *require* updating these documents before
merging pull requests that requires them. New (or occasional)
contributors usually don't even know where these documents are.