D 1.076 and 2.061 release

eles eles at eles.com
Fri Jan 4 07:22:53 PST 2013

On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 07:03:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> but other lines like
>>
> Yes, you can put this in as the bugzilla title, though I'd
> tighten it up a little.

> This is 3 separate enhancements, each of which should be its
> own issue, and will certainly fit as the issue title.

One problem that I see with the current form of Bugzilla query is
that is quite difficult to inform the user about how the
enhancement are connected one with another (for example, if one
new feature requires another new feature or changing an old
behavior). These may be part of several Bugzilla issues and there
is no easy way to highlight this logical connection through the
SQL query.

Also, not even the physical proximity of logically-related issues
is not achievable through Bugzilla (maybe the issue which appears
at the top is a logical consequence of the issue that appears at
the bottom, or maybe they are related in terms of strategy and
goals, but who's gonna say that and how?).

I would vote for requiring explicitly that the pull request
properly modifies the documentation in those parts that it impacs.