D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jan 4 08:12:37 PST 2013

On Friday, January 04, 2013 14:30:01 Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> I think the best way to do it is to put it in the repository where the
> changes were made (this implies having separate release notes for dmd,
> phobos and druntime, I know).
>
> This way is trivial to see if some important change deserves a note in
> the release notes and if it does, for the reviewers to reject the pull
> request until it has proper release notes.
>
> Having them elsewhere will make the review process very difficult and
> lots of changes will still be missing.
>
> As part of the release process, we can merge these notes together and
> add them to the website. Even when doing it manually shouldn't be that
> time consuming (is only copy&paste), this could also be automated.

This is what we've been doing for ages. With the bug fixes being in there, it's
been a big problem, because it creates merge conflicts up the wazoo. So, we've
generally avoided updating the changelog as part of pull requests with code in
them. However, now that the bugzilla portion is being automated, it may be
feasible to update changelog.dd in the pull requests with code changes.

- Jonathan M Davis