Runtime code reloading in D, part 1

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jan 6 02:50:31 PST 2013

Benjamin Thaut:

> In Summary it feels to me that GC free D is not important
> to the community or the active contributors.

I think it will become more important for them, in future. At the
moment the work is mostly on finishing immutability, purity,
shared, and other parts of the core language, and working on
process characteristics (like GIT workflows) that are needed to
make everything else work efficiently.

> they have nice productivity features like runtime code changing
> through the VM

Some of those productivity features are important, and despite D
doesn't run on a virtual machine I think some of them can be
added to D, once enough attention and work is given on them.

Bye,
bearophile