Runtime code reloading in D, part 1

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Jan 6 04:08:11 PST 2013

Am Sun, 06 Jan 2013 12:10:38 +0100
schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:

> On 2013-01-06 11:37, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't say its moving away from it. Some recent changes to
> > druntime have made it significantly less leaking. But on the other
> > hand a API design like toString() which pretty much does leak in
> > almost all cases don't exactly help a GC free D. In Summary it
> > feels to me that GC free D is not important to the community or the
> > active contributors.
>
> The design of toString() has been up for debate a couple of times.
> Many are not happy with the design.

some modules already provide the (scope void delegate(const(char)[])
sink overload, it's also supported by to, format and writefln, afaik.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/uuid.d#L806

I guess when we have custom allocators we can also provide toString
methods templated on allocators.