D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 11:52:37 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Pierre Rouleau <prouleau001 at gmail.com>wrote:

> be a good idea for me to start a discussion somewhere in one of the D
> mailing lists, to gather the list of new features planned for the future
> (unless something like that already exists, but I did not find it) and get
> something going to create a running list.

You could start by a thread for 2.061: what's new, in a human-readable
format.

I'd say:

- 64 bits for Windows
- User-Defined Attributes (with a link to the incoming documentation).

These two themes justify a new release by themselves. Window 64 was clearly
an 'official' goal. UDA were just a momentary burst of coding from Walter :)

As for the future, I fear you'll get 'generic' declarations concerning
const/immutable/shared, but halas not from the guys who actually do the
real work. Then everyone and their dog will flock to present their pet bug.

The process is still a bit amateurish, but it's coming together. Now that
64 bits Windows is out, I guess the next release will focus on killing the
related bugs.

As a token of goodwill, I'm willing to write a short text describing the
new release and plans for the next ones, except I don't even *know* what
the new release brought or what the next one will be.