Shared Libraries [was Re: D 1.076 and 2.061 release]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jan 6 15:47:26 PST 2013

On Sunday, January 06, 2013 15:15:23 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/6/2013 4:20 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> > For the Go folks, it is all about issues with garbage collection and
> > thread management,
>
> It is for D as well (along with TLS). Unfortunately, the druntime
> implementation of these is complex, and I do not understand it.

Does this mean that we need Sean Kelly to do it? If so, we're in trouble,
because he seems to be _very_ busy these days and is generally uninvolved. I
don't know if anyone else knows the code well enough to attempt it. Hopefully,
someone does or is willing to learn and has the time to do so.

- Jonathan M Davis