D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 6 16:36:15 PST 2013

On 1/6/2013 3:49 PM, Pierre Rouleau wrote:
> If this list already contains all (does it?) of what is currently identified
> then is there some criteria one can use to try to infer what will be implemented
> in the next release? Or is it just "first come first served" where the solved
> enhancements automatically get pulled inside the release?

The thing is, roadmaps are a lot like planning for a war. The moment the first
shot is fired, all the plans go out the window. What we need to get done next is
a constantly evolving situation, based on:

1. some crisis may occur

2. some opportunity may present itself

3. the language market may change its perception of what is important

4. a member of the community may promote themselves to be a champion of some
particular issue, and work to get it implemented

5. our understanding of what is important and what isn't constantly evolves

6. there's constant evolution of what exactly is best practice and the best way
to realize that

Probably pretty high on the list would be solving the rvalue reference problem.