Managing email [ was Re: D 1.076 and 2.061 release ]

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 6 17:24:06 PST 2013

On 1/6/2013 8:42 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Like browsers, for instance. When Microsoft had their browser merely
> uninstallable and set as the *initial* default browser, the DOJ went
> apeshit, nevermind the fact that MS did *nothing* to prevent people
> from downloading and using competing browsers.

The other bizarre thing about that case was the browsers were all free - IE,
Opera, Netscape. Arguably it isn't even a marketplace if all the products are
free (contract law doesn't recognize a transaction unless there is an exchange
of value, which is why you'll see contracts that pay $1). I don't see how
anti-trust laws even applied.