D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Mon Jan 7 09:51:33 PST 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  7 de January a las 08:31 me escribiste:
> >Why would I bother to do anything if is very likely that Walter don't want
> >to go that direction and all my work was done for nothing? Been there
> >before. Now I'm more cautious when selecting my battles.
>
> One thing I want to do is enshrine a vetting mechanism that would
> allow Walter and myself to "pre-approve" enhancement requests.
> Someone (including us) would submit an enhancement request to
> Bugzilla, and then Walter and I add the tag "preapproved" to it.
> That means an implementation of the request has our approval
> assuming it has the appropriate quality.
>
> That should reduce the cognitive load ("am I working for nothing
> over here?") on the proponent of the feature and would also motivate
> the proponent to define the feature with reasonable completeness
> before implementing it.

I think that would help a *LOT*. So basically this tag would mean
something like: If somebody implement this AND the implementation is
complete AND it has good quality, it will be in the next release?

If so, that's not too far from roadmap.