D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jan 7 12:16:37 PST 2013

> Walter can write a roadmap, nobody will listen to him.
>
> One thing that few people know is that Walter and I have tried to kindly
> convince people to work on specific things we believed were important. Such
> attempts have been largely unsuccessful.

True. Another thing that's been a bit frustrating to me is people regularly ask
me (or the ng) "what should I work on?" I provide a list, and they go do
something else.

The reality is that, in a volunteer community, people work on what interests
themselves. Finding ways to work successfully with that dynamic is the big
challenge we face.