D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Jan 7 15:19:02 PST 2013

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:08:58 +0100
"deadalnix" <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, it is just to discover that this do not work :
>
> struct Bar {}
> auto foo(ref Bar bar) {}
>
> foo(Bar()); // Now this is an error !
>
> I still have code broken all over the place.

IIRC, they tried to include this change in 2.060 (or was it 2.059?),
but due to the major problems it causes, and the fact that it *does*
make sense to use a temporary as an lvalue if you don't intend to use
it again afterwords, there was a big discussion about it on the beta
list and it was ultimately nixed. I'm disappointed to see that it snuck
back.