Announcement: "preapproved" tag added to bugzilla

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jan 8 18:09:19 PST 2013

Hello,

As part of our continued efforts to improve the process, we have added
the "preapproved" tag to bugzilla.

An enhancement request that has the "preapproved" tag is considered
reviewed and vetted by Walter (and myself on occasion). An
implementation of the issue is guaranteed to be approved pending
technical review.

This is part of a larger attempt to make it easy for contributors to
work on items of maximum impact, while hedging the risk of working on
some feature without entering production. One nice perk is that this
flow will encourage well-written and well-argued enhancement requests.

We will follow later today with a preapproved enhancement request. (Of
course, we will also preapprove enhancements written by others, too.)

Thanks,

Andrei