Announcement: "preapproved" tag added to bugzilla

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Wed Jan 9 02:42:52 PST 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  8 de January a las 18:09 me escribiste:
> Hello,
>

> As part of our continued efforts to improve the process, we have
> added the "preapproved" tag to bugzilla.
>
> An enhancement request that has the "preapproved" tag is considered
> reviewed and vetted by Walter (and myself on occasion). An
> implementation of the issue is guaranteed to be approved pending
> technical review.
>
> This is part of a larger attempt to make it easy for contributors to
> work on items of maximum impact, while hedging the risk of working
> on some feature without entering production. One nice perk is that
> this flow will encourage well-written and well-argued enhancement
> requests.
>
> We will follow later today with a preapproved enhancement request.
> (Of course, we will also preapprove enhancements written by others,
> too.)

Great. I think as a simple improvement to that, people willing to implement the
feature seriously, should assign themselves to the issue. This way the
"preapprovers" can see if there are any takes for the issue and prioritize
giving feedback to issues that are more likely to be implemented by
contributors.