Announcement: "preapproved" tag added to bugzilla

Pierre Rouleau prouleau001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:15:30 PST 2013

On 13-01-08 9:09 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> As part of our continued efforts to improve the process, we have added
> the "preapproved" tag to bugzilla.
>
> An enhancement request that has the "preapproved" tag is considered
> reviewed and vetted by Walter (and myself on occasion). An
> implementation of the issue is guaranteed to be approved pending
> technical review.
>
> This is part of a larger attempt to make it easy for contributors to
> work on items of maximum impact, while hedging the risk of working on
> some feature without entering production. One nice perk is that this
> flow will encourage well-written and well-argued enhancement requests.
>
> We will follow later today with a preapproved enhancement request. (Of
> course, we will also preapprove enhancements written by others, too.)

Would it also make sense to have a separate mailing list to post and
discuss D development process announcements such as this important one?
  That would make it easier for some trying to learn the development
process of the group.

Something like D.devprocess, D.processes or D.development.

--
/Pierre Rouleau