Shared Libraries [was Re: D 1.076 and 2.061 release]

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 10 12:13:20 PST 2013

On 1/10/2013 10:30 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-01-10 06:18, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 1/9/2013 11:02 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> As I said, I don't know assembly but here's the output:
>>
>> Good time to learn it!
>
> Do you have any good books to recommend for this?

No. But a reasonable way is to just get the instruction set reference from
Intel, and single step some D code in assembler mode in the debugger and go
instruction by instruction.

> I will most likely not have time to learn assembly now. I'm busy with other
> things and I think I could spend my time better by contributing with other D
> related things.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how knowing assembler will improve
your high level coding abilities.

> Also you said:
>
> "No prob. I'll be happy to make compiler mods as necessary, once the exact
> problems are identified."
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kbvsgo$1po3$1@digitalmars.com?page=26#post-kcdvjh:242a1f:241:40digitalmars.com

Yes, I did. And I know that the compiler will have to be modified to match with
Apple's new scheme.