Build Script in D

David d at dav1d.de
Fri Jan 11 06:01:47 PST 2013

> also something like this for custom target:
> auto builder = Builder( homepath!"./", arch!"x86", mode!"debug" )

Doesn't work, these are compiler flags, which differ from compiler to
compiler. You could make the builder call the compiler to set the flag,
but I would move that directly to the compiler.

> // assuming all methods returns ref to self so it could be just simple
> calls
> builder.addSrcPath("path_to_src_folder_1");
> // or can be chained
> builder.addSrcPath("path_to_src_folder_2").
>   addSrcPath("path_to_src_folder3");

And how does chaining help? That makes everything just uglier.

> builder.addImportPath("path_to_imports");
> builder.addLinkLib("somelib.a");

Need to be set for the compiler, A C compiler doesn't need the flags of
a D compiler

> // compiler log
> string log = builder.build();

The log should be in realtime to see where compilation takes longest etc.

> also to all above it would be good if there be some concept of multiple
> targets or jobs and ordering, to allow build stuff dependent on other
> stuff in one run

Everything is compiled without beeing linked, order doesn't mean
anything, because everything will be linked together.