Build Script in D

David d at dav1d.de
Sat Jan 12 08:34:11 PST 2013

> for anything outside D there is enough makefiles, autotools, cmake,
> whatever.
> also there is OS package system which for sure contaion most of these
> libraries, for me it's enough to not bother about building own C build
> system

Using make with D works great, also there is cmake for D. But try to use
two tools (d buildscript and let's say cmake) on windows. You have to
force the user to either install mingw/cygwin or cmake/make and VS
(cmake can only generate for mingw-make and VS not dmc). Users will end
up not using it.

stb_image e.g. is in no "OS-Package" (which also don't exist for windows)