DPaste is going down

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sun Jan 13 05:02:46 PST 2013

On Sunday, 13 January 2013 at 12:40:38 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am very sad to announce that DPaste life came to an end.
>
> I've been recently busy and haven't even notice that domain has
> expired.
> Costs of keeping Dpaste alive are a bit too high for pure
> student like me ;)
> (Mostly keeping backend's VPS paid).
>
> I will put Dpaste website and backend source code on Github
> soon, so if someone would like to pick up the project, be my
> guest.
>
> Best regards,
> Damian Ziemba

That is very sad because the site was very convenient (although
it missed some features). For example, I was checking behavior of
code on different compilers - now I cannot do this without
installing them.

Perhaps you can save site engine? BTW Vladimir Panteleev (aka
thecybershadow) is already running on his server wiki.dlang.org,
forum.dlang.org - perhaps he can maintain dpaste?

Anyway, it would be really nice to have a tool like dpaste, and
perfect if it combines features from D auto-tester
(http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/). For example, it would be
very helpful to check code on several compilers and across
several platforms.