A look at the D programming language by Ferdynand Górski

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Tue Jan 15 03:21:15 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 at 11:00:29 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Chris:
>
>> or indentation (t)errors (Python)
>
> In practice Python usually decreases the number of
> indentation-related bugs, even considering the "dangling else"
> warning we have added to D, because indentation and block
> nesting are the same thing, it's more DRY :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Maybe it does, but it's annoying while you are writing it, and to
be honest, indentation bugs are far and few between, in my
experience, if you use the curly braces consistently. Only you
have more freedom. What I was referring to was the annoying
Python message "Wrong indentation in line ...", when you run a
script, which makes it hard to copy & paste and just test a
snippet, before you integrate it properly. Well, that's me. Other
people like rules and regulations.