Mono-D v0.4.8

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Wed Jan 16 03:56:40 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 06:47:49 UTC, timotheecour wrote:
> A)
>> Awesome, again these problems - which MD version do you've got
>> installed?
>> 3.0.6 stable? Then please switch to the
>> mono-d.alexanderbothe.com/stableMD repository
>> 3.1.0 beta? Then switch to the mono-d.alexanderbothe.com repo.
>
> OK, that made it work. Very low priority, but maybe it's
> possible
> to provide 1 package that would work in both cases (if it were
> D,
> something like version(MD_3_0_6){}else version(MD_310_beta)
> else{...} but i guess it's C#).

I could modify the addin definition - so yes, let's try to do
this.

> B)
>> With code indent I'm not meaning code formatting but the
>> automated indentation generation after e.g. you've pressed
>> <return> and it inserts 3 tabs because you're in a method of a
>> class of an other class.
>
> thanks for finally tackling that! Now that the hard part is
> done,
> couldn't there be a way to reindent the entire file (or
> selection)  upon request (control + I on OSX for format doc) by
> calling this function on each line or something similar?
> (temporary hack and might be a bit slow but a MUCH needed
> feature).

A solution would be to let the indent engine run through the
entire code and catch the indents of each line..but well, I'll
rather finish my AST visitor, then I can continue with putting a
real formatting engine upon it.

> C)
> A question about your choice for C# vs D: wouldn't it have been
> easier to write the bulk of your code in D and interface with
> the
> MD codebase through some C wrappers? Assuming there's less than
> 100 or so functions you need to interface with... That way you'd
> be able to benefit from hopefully soon to be written code
> formatting, parsers, etc.

C# can interface C dlls. One problem: The huge code base written
in C# and C dlls. The single fact that a huge bunch of
cross-compilation problems etc will stop me even trying to
implement even one e.g. completion feature.
I mean, I'm not the one who sets up a cross-compilation
environment that compiles and packages all the code to a bunch of
binaries. I've chosen C# just _because_ I can distribute it on
all plattforms w/o having to recompile it. Btw, I think there's
no real performance boost when switching to a native code base.
So even a rough effort vs. productivity gain analysis would
clearly speak pro C#. I know that a virtual in-D implementation
of the D language would be great, but well, if you want to start,
I can try to support you ;)

> D)
> BUG: I unchecked the option "insert * or + at comment new line"
> but it still inserts "+" after a new line in a "/+" comment.

Will be fixed in the next version.

> E)
> BUG: create a new file, open it in MD (by double clicking for
> example), press a key (eg "a"), it gives the following error
> (see
> below). We can press OK and it'll work, but that's still a bug:

Fixed.