A look at the D programming language by Ferdynand Górski

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:00:57 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 at 12:09:21 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> 1100110:
>
>> Thats so funny I forgot to laugh.
>
> One common indentation-related bug is caused by relying on the
> indentation to understand code, while the curly brace language
> compiler ignores what you were seeing and only sees the braces.
> I have seen many cases of delayed code understanding caused by
> that. Making the syntax more DRY (this means stating the
> logical indentation using only one communication channel) helps
> avoid those mistakes (and reduces the visual noise, further
> helping code readability).

The sane option are either to acknowledge that code is in a text
file and choose syntax construct that make it readable (python)
or decorrelate the presentation of the code from its actual form
in the file and use a formatted.

Other options are choosing on purpose to inflict an extra
workload to yourself, and risking confusion on badly formatted
code.