Mono-D v0.4.9 - Rough formatting capability

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 00:22:36 PST 2013

On 25.01.2013 21:34, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-01-25 20:00, alex wrote:
>
>> I already suggested Rainer to make a native/non-native interface between
>> VisualD and D_Parser - this will probably happen via COM or so.. and I
>> dunno anything about that technique. I just can make sure that the
>> parser library is fully stand-alone, only depending on .net internals.
>> Let's see :)
>
> It should provide an C interface, then it can be connected to anything.

COM is the natural choice when interfacing native code on Windows with
C#. On other platforms it might be different.

The semantic engine in Visual D is separated into another process and
communicates with the IDE plugin through a number of "commands", just
using this interface:
https://github.com/rainers/visuald/blob/master/vdc/ivdserver.d . This
can easily be mapped to C calls.

There's also an implementation of that interface using D_Parser
(https://github.com/rainers/visuald/tree/master/vdc/abothe), but it
isn't complete yet.