Mono-D v0.4.9 - Rough formatting capability

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Sat Jan 26 04:09:42 PST 2013

On Saturday, 26 January 2013 at 11:46:27 UTC, alex wrote:
> Concerning completion server...why not a completion server? :D
> - I mean, it'll be launched as soon as VisualD launches..and
> then you can pipe-through commands etc. to interact like it's
> done the mspdbsrv already. That's imho even easier than using
> COM + can be driven even as a web server..which would be a real
> dream then!

Some additional thoughts:

All you need to specify at startup are include paths and some
completion options or so.
Then while editing, you either pass changes incrementally or push
the entire document content to the server. The server parses that
document then and updates the internal parse cache.
These parse caches will be used for completion then. As you
request e.g. the completion window to open or some tooltip info,
you just pass the module name, the caret location and a command
to the server - it'll answer then with all the items that shall
be shown in the completion list or in the tooltip box.

Furthermore, stuff like indenting and formatting could be
interfaced, too - just push the document content, and it'll pass
you back all changes to do OR the complete document.

What do you think about this idea?