Mono-D v0.4.9.5 - Infinite analysis fix + Mixin analysis improvement

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Sun Jan 27 04:35:51 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 12:20:51 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-01-27 12:27, alex wrote:
>> Morning D folks,
>>
>> Implemented some new features concerning pre-compile time mixin
>> analysis and expression evaluation:
>>
>> http://mono-d.alexanderbothe.com/?p=814 (Screenshot included)
>
> Nice. I'm not sure if this is what Dicebot suggested but would
> it be possible to implement a compile time view, like Descent
> had? It how showed template and string mixins are expanded. It
> also showed how some language features are lowered to other
> features, like the scope statement being lowered to
> try/catch/finally.
>
> This clip shows the compile time view in action:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAhrFQVnsrY&noredirect=1

Well, not displaying the entire module but only displaying
resolved expressions. Dunno how to do this in a proper way - only
via tooltips or also in an extra panel? Which would be the most
useful?

Btw, since I'm not that involved in D's magic I definitely
haven't planned such extensive pre-compilation :D