Dgame

jerro a at a.com
Wed Jan 30 09:37:58 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 16:34:15 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 January 2013 at 15:19:37 UTC, David wrote:
>> Am 29.01.2013 16:10, schrieb Namespace:
>>> Ahh. That could be a problem: I hate makefiles and never
>>> wrote one.
>> Hehe,
>>
>> to quote "ibuclaw":
>> `make no-sense`
>>
>> It doesn't need to be a makefile, some kind of build-script,
>> which
>> automates the process of building the library. E.g. a d file
>> which
>> compiles the stuff for you:
>>
>> rdmd build.d
>
> Seems I have to edit my tutorials and my installations guide.
> You have now a build script.
> Thanks to aladacron, I adapted his build script from derelict.
> Compile build.d and let it run. Your lib files are generated in
> the directory "lib/MODE" where MODE is the current mode.
> Compile normal and MODE is Release, compile with -debug and
> MODE is Debug.
> The only problem is currently, that I have no experiences with
> GDC and LDC, so I have no idea which flags they use for debug
> mode. Because of that, Debug build works currently only for
> dmd. But I will fix this later.

LDC has ldmd2 wrapper script which is used similar to dmd and GDC
has gdmd (gdmd is written in perl so you need to have perl
installed to run it). Those wrapper scripts support most of DMD's
flags. They also have -vdmd flag, which tells the wrapper script
to print out the commands that it runs. You can use that to find
out which ldc2 and gdc commands correspond to a given dmd
command, if you want to use ldc2 or gdc directly.