Is this D or is it Javascript?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 09:12:30 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 6 July 2013 at 06:46:42 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> YMMV of course. I've never felt the need to write my own
> plugins so never had to deal with the painful side of WordPress.

That's really what killed me on it. I have one recurring work
client who loves Wordpress, but always wants it customized in
some way. New themes, new plugins, customized plugins from the
web, etc.

And omg what a pain. BTW if you look at my github, you'll see a
single php file, web.d.php, the main reason that exists was to
ease integration of Wordpress with the core D application.

But even the user side doesn't impress me. The flash uploader
they default to never works right for me, and it seems to me that
to do anything beyond plain text, you have to write some html (or
their silly [shortcodes]) anyway!

And then to top it off, WP is sloooow.