A very basic blog about D

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:50:07 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 16:08:17 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> John Colvin, el  8 de July a las 12:38 me escribiste:

>> >That's not Linux, that's GNU coreutils :)
>>
>> Sue me :p    Strangely, it's in direct contradiction with the
>> GNU
>> coreutils documentation, as hosted on the GNU site.
>
> You mean the joke one, or the real one? :P
>
> It seems to be the same as the real one (that I found at
> least), is just
> they are worded differently because one is in manpage format
> and the
> other one in info/html/manual format.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/echo-invocation.html

 From the gnu page you just linked: "the normally-special argument
‘--’ has no special meaning and is treated like any other string."

 From http://linux.die.net/man/1/echo:
"--help
display this help and exit
--version
output version information and exit"

my terminals builtin echo seems to be compliant with the gnu
site, but the seperate executable in /bin is the same as the
linux.die.net one, whilst claiming on use of --version to be from
gnu coreutils!!