A very basic blog about D

Baz burg.basile at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 11:54:29 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 17:53:45 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 17:39:46 UTC, Baz wrote:
>> On Sunday, 7 July 2013 at 15:00:43 UTC,
>> That's interesting...but I'm not a big fan of collecting
>> hundreds
>> of links...I think that someone should create something like
>> http://www.delphifeeds.com/ but for D...
>

> blogs.dlang.org ... ?
>
> There'd need to be some way of filtering upstreams by topic. I
> blog about D, but not _just_ about D.

You're wrong, there's a real need for promoting D worldwide.
Just for example, this mainstream (french) programming site has
(had?) a forum for D which is not updated or used at all:
http://www.developpez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=fadd36f8505c59f0714e4e24a0c5a195&f=1180

Fedora a few years ago has proposed the D language as a part of
their very "extremist open source ashole repository". The fact is
that D is totally missing from their dev packages ("sudo yum i
want some only opensource douche stuff even if I have to type
make make install every two minutes"). And If you setup dmd
manually they'll propose you to setup ldc, which is not possible
due to some broken package dependencies...

Blogs are usefull, D can be used in many editors and compiled in
two portables IDE (Xamarin and Geany) and in another mainstream
win-only-IDE(VS)...