A very basic blog about D

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 8 16:17:22 PDT 2013

On 8 July 2013 19:54, Baz <burg.basile at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 17:53:45 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 17:39:46 UTC, Baz wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sunday, 7 July 2013 at 15:00:43 UTC,
>>> That's interesting...but I'm not a big fan of collecting hundreds
>>> of links...I think that someone should create something like
>>> http://www.delphifeeds.com/ but for D...
>>

>> blogs.dlang.org ... ?
>>
>> There'd need to be some way of filtering upstreams by topic. I blog about
>> D, but not _just_ about D.
>

> You're wrong, there's a real need for promoting D worldwide.
> Just for example, this mainstream (french) programming site has (had?) a
> forum for D which is not updated or used at all:
> http://www.developpez.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=fadd36f8505c59f0714e4e24a0c5a195&f=1180

Call me an inertial developer, but forums are an arcane place to
discussion programming languages... unlike mailing lists :o)

Saying that,there's an amazing depth of information on forums, for
example (taken from coding horror):

- A 12 year old girl who finds a forum community of rabid enthusiasts
willing to help her rebuild a Fiero from scratch? Check.
- The most obsessive breakdown of Lego collectible minifig kits you'll
find anywhere on the Internet? Check.
- Some of the most practical information on stunt kiting in the world? Check.
- The only place I could find with scarily powerful squirt gun
instructions and advice? Check.
- The underlying research for a New Yorker article outing a potential
serial marathon cheater? Check.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';