Is this D or is it Javascript?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:24:40 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 19:14:30 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> With dynamic typing there's no way to tell if Math.max(12,24)
> is a method call or field delegate call.

The way my thing works is Math.max (or anything else) returns a
ref var, and the (12,24) does opCall on it, which succeeds if the
var is of type function.

bearophile recently posted a pull request by Kenji Hara IIRC that
implements @property more correctly. If that gets pulled, this
will be good.

In the little scripting language too, there's now a class
declaration, that looks kinda like D, but it is actually just
syntax sugar that assigns the declarations to the object, so
there is no distinction there between a method and field - all
"methods" are just delegates attached to the object.