Article series about patterns & idioms in D

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Fri Jul 12 10:06:49 PDT 2013

Am 12.07.2013 15:26, schrieb Ary Borenszweig:
> On 7/12/13 3:53 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> I started a small article series on D specific patterns & idioms on my
>> blog. I'm going to add more over time and hope that there are at least
>> some in there which are not already known to everyone.
>>
>> You can find them here: http://3d.benjamin-thaut.de/?cat=17
>>
>> Currently there are two:
>>
>> 1) D implict conversion idiom: http://3d.benjamin-thaut.de/?p=90
>> 2) D templated interface idiom: http://3d.benjamin-thaut.de/?p=94
>>
>> Feedback is welcome.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Benjamin Thaut
>
> This sentence worries me a bit:
>
> "The code shown above has been tested with dmd 2.063.2"
>
> It seems like every minor release of D works different than previous
> ones. Is that true? Isn't it enough to say "D2"? Can something be done
> to prevent this?

The shown code should work all versions of D 2.0 since 2.053 (I'm using
it since then). I only mentioned the version of the dmd compiler,
because I previously had issues with some of my articles where someone
would say "but that statement is not true, it works with the current
version of dmd".

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut

--