Browsers (Was: A very basic blog about D)

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Mon Jul 15 07:47:45 PDT 2013

On Monday, 15 July 2013 at 09:56:07 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I use SRWare Iron in place of Chrome (as I said, it literally is
> Chrome), but if you have to put up with Chrome's "bug of the
> day" junk
> then yea I guess that wouldn't work. Although at that point I
> would
> reach for VirtualBox. If I ever have to run the real Chrome,
> it's
> getting its ass sandboxed.
I agree with much of what you say about how the web is broken,
though I don't understand your disdain for Chrome, but there's
absolutely no reason to use Iron.  I analyzed its source a couple
years back and it's basically a scam:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120331155237/http://chromium.hybridsource.org/the-iron-scam

You're getting delayed Chrome source with a different theme.
There's almost no difference, other than being exposed to
security bugs longer, which are patched in Chrome's constant
releases.