"Programming in D" book is about 88% translated

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 16:28:36 PDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 03:26 AM, deadalnix wrote:

 > On Saturday, 29 June 2013 at 02:35:27 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

 >> Thinking that it is free enough, I had chosen this:
 >>
 >>   http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/

 > NC is always kind of problematic as loosely defined. This is by far the
 > dark corner of CC.

It must be touching an irrational side of humans: Giving it completely
free is fine, but other people's making profit off of it is somehow
wrong! I can't explain why I feel that way. Must be primal genes... :)

 > I hope this also do not prevent you from finding a
 > publisher (not sure how this work precisely, but definitively think that
 > a paper version of your book is something interesting).

Thanks. I will worry about that once the translation is completed. I may
self-publish...

Ali