I've started blog a little more about D.

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jul 21 12:45:08 PDT 2013

On 7/20/2013 2:19 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> I'm starting to blog a little more and in particular i've started writing more
> about D. I'm using it a great deal at work now and all new stuff is to be
> written in it. I'm loving every minute of this and really want to sing its praises.
>
> I'll not lie though, i still need to learn a great deal to be at the level of
> the engineers here but my sights are fully fixed on D and learning every aspect
> of it. I've already made a small contribution to druntime and i hope to do more.
>
> I've finally got my head around templates and i've really started to understand
> their power and flexibility so i thought i would write an article as a one stop
> shop for other developers who need to understand this stuff as quickly as
> possible. I'd like for your verification that i have my facts straight and if
> not i'll amend the text asap.
>
> Be gentle: http://nomad.so/2013/07/templates-in-d-explained/

It's a nice blog! Thanks for doing this.

A stylistic issue:

"These are useful if you want to pass an arbitrary amount of types or values to
any kind of template."

It sounds better as:

"These are useful for passing an arbitrary amount of types or values to any kind
of template."

I've found in practice that nearly all uses of the word "you" in technical
writing are superfluous and it flows better if they are removed.