monarch dodra granted write access to phobos, druntime, and tools

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:30:08 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 at 19:24:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> We must find a solution to reviewing pull requests, and fast.

What exactly is involved in reviewing pull requests? I'm pretty
sure anybody can comment on anything in github so ordinary
people, without commit access, could watch the feed and say
something.

For the last week or two I haven't been on the irc channel, but
when I am, i see the pull request notes go by on the chat and
sometimes take a look at them, but rarely say anything.

But if we had a document with stuff to look out for, a checklist
that any idiot can follow, then maybe the reviews could be done
by me and other people who currently lack the authority, if you
will, but who see those notifications in near real time and get a
much faster response going.

And, of course, the authors could refer to it themselves too.

Anyway then when the committers are online, they just see a
comment from someone, or maybe two someone's, but not necessary
anybody in particular, saying "looks ok" and then they go ahead
and merge it without further delay.

If such a document exists already btw it needs to be easier to
find, either a link in the README or it could *be* the README.